WVC Vaccine Mandate
The LGSUHSD Post-Secondary Program is a 100% community based post-secondary program for young adults, ages 18-22. The program teaches life skills such as travel training, job readiness, self-help and social skills in an inclusive and age–appropriate environment.
Students have had many positive outcomes including paid employment, continued education, completion of work training programs and acceptance into quality adult programs.
There are many other examples of the power and impact of this program. This year, students are:
- Participating in WVC courses, such as pilates, yoga, golf, jazz dance, and symphonic orchestra.
- Teaming up with athletes and coaches at WVC through Unified Sports for a more integrated athletic opportunity.
- Earning certifications in computer animation and early childhood education.
- Volunteering across the county in a variety of settings including food banks, animal care and retail.
- Receiving quality individualized paid work training opportunities in the community through a partnership with the WorkAbility program.
LGSUHSD Post-Secondary raises $3,000 every year for:
- Honors Night (a special ceremony that recognizes students who will be exiting the program - all students are invited to attend)
- Transition Social Event (an annual social event to build community with other post-secondary programs)
- We have a Hoop-A-Thon in the Fall and a Walk-A-Thon in the Spring in addition to taking donations throughout the year.
POST-SECONDARY 2020-21 CALENDAR
For more information, please contact:
Carlos Lamoso, Post Secondary Teacher
Heath Rocha, Assistant Superintendent, Student Services