School Climate and Culture
LGSUHSD is on a path to create school climates that nurture safe, welcoming learning environments. Our progress has been significant, but our work continues. Confronting and challenging bullying, sexual harassment and assault, discrimination in all forms is powerful and important work.
By committing to create school climates and cultures that are positive for all students and staff, we are committing to teach our students to:
• Recognize negative and unacceptable behaviors
• Call it out
• Advocate for themselves and others
• Be a force for positive change
The future is diverse. Teaching our students to create communities that embrace diversity, equity, respect and compassion is preparing our students to be successful leaders in the future.
The LGSUHSD Board of Trustees supports our School Climate and Culture work:
- December 25, 2021 - LGSUHSD Board of Trustees passes Social Host Resolution, declaring that it is in the best interest of the Los Gatos community to strengthen the Town's Social Host Ordinance and partner with stakeholders to create a broader community wide teen drinking awareness campaign. This resolution is in addition to interventions and education already in place in our schools.
- March 30, 2021 - LGSUHSD passes a resolution condemning anti-Asian hatred and violence and supporting people of Asian ancestry. This resolution was developed by LGHS student and presented during Advisory to all students.
Contact: Dr. Jamal Splane, Director School Climate and Culture/Curriculum and Instruction