The Los Gatos – Saratoga High School District is happy to announce that students in our district will now be eligible to receive the State Seal of Biliteracy (SSB) on their high school diplomas. Assembly Bill 815 (Brownley, Chapter 618) provides recognition to high school students who demonstrate proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in one or more languages, in addition to English.
To qualify for the SSB, a student must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Completion of all English Language Arts (ELA) requirements with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 in those classes.
- Proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English, demonstrated through one of the following methods:
- Passing a world language Advanced Placement (AP) exam with a score of 3 or higher
- Successful completion of a four-year high school course of study in a world language and attaining an overall GPA of 3.0 in that course of study
- Passing the SATII with a score of 600 or higher.
More information is available at http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/el/er/sealofbiliteracy.asp The district’s application is available here and must be turned into your Guidance Department office by March 24, 2017.